TN NAFTA Professionals
The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) created special economic and trade relationships for the United States, Canada and Mexico. The TN non-immigrant classification grants qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens statuses to work temporarily in the U.S. at a professional level.
01. Citizen of Canada or Mexico.
02. Field of profession qualifies under the regulations.
03. The position in the United States requires a NAFTA professional.
04. Have a prearranged full-time or part-time job with a U.S. employer.
05. Have the qualifications to practice in the profession in question.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can TN visa holder stay in the U.S.?
Usually TN visa is initially granted for 3 years, and if eligible, can be extended indefinitely.